District 225 is seeking applicants for its anticipated Board of Education vacancy, resulting from the recent announcement of a pending resignation by Robert Boron. The newly-appointed Board member would serve the remainder of the four-year term, ending in Spring 2019.
Candidates must meet the following state qualifications in order to be eligible: be a U.S. Citizen; resident of the school district for at least one year; 18 years of age; registered voter; neither a school trustee or treasurer; and not a registered child sex offender (11-9.3 of the criminal code). School board members are also not allowed to hold an incompatible office.
Interested candidates should answer the questions below and submit responses and a resume by email to email@example.com
, or by mail or in-person to:
The Office of the Superintendent
Glenbrook High Schools District 225
3801 West Lake Ave
Glenview, IL 60026
The Board expects to appoint a new member prior to the start of the 2017-18 school year.
1. Why do you want to serve the District as a Board Member?
2. How do you perceive the role of a School Board Member?
3. What among your experiences and qualifications has prepared you to make a contribution to District 225?
4. Will you have any difficulty in consistently attending Board meetings?
5. How many District 225 board meetings have you attended?
6. What do you see as the main concerns facing District 225?
7. What other factors, if any, should be considered in support of your application?