Today is an "A" Day
for the slide announcements.
- Do you like having fun and spending time with friends? Come out and join Friends and Company Club! We do one fun after school activity a month. Come visit Ms. Van Dien in Room F108 in the TLS Department to sign up for our first activity on Monday, September 25th - mini golf!
- What the HECKA? Don’t miss your opportunity to join DECA!!! Membership dues and contracts are due by next week Thursday, September 28th. Pay the bookstore and drop your contract in the World Languages Dept.
- Attention Seniors - The following colleges will be visiting today:
7:40 am - New York University
9:20 am - Northwestern University
11:00 am - Villanova University
1:20 pm - Yale University
- There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in the GBN boys bowling team on Wednesday, September 27th right after school in the broadcasting room, A110. We are always looking for guys committed to working hard, competing and improving. Be part of a team coming off a conference championship and state finals appearance. If you want to know more about GBN boys bowling including how to tryout, come to the meeting after school in the broadcasting room on Wednesday, September 27th or see Coach Rubin in broadcasting.
- We are excited to announce the title of our 2018 Variety Show - FLIGHT! An informational meeting will be held on Monday, September 25th at 3:15 pm in the Choir Room, E104. All are welcome! Anyone interested in being a student director or choreographer should complete an application found at gbn.glenbrook225.org/Spartans/V-Show. Application deadline is today, September 22nd. Questions? Email Mrs. Ermel or Mrs. Nichols. You are your own limit. Let your dreams take flight!
- Applications for this year's Operation Snowball retreat are now available! Check your school email for details on completing the online application and other important information. Participants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis, so don't miss out on this exciting opportunity! Applications are due Friday, October 6th.
- WE’RE STARTING A GBN INTRAMURAL ARCHERY CLUB! Cupid, Robin Hood, The Green arrow, Hawkeye and Katniss Everdeen are inviting YOU, on Wednesday, September 27th, to come to a brief meeting before school at 9:15 am or directly after school in room B127. All are welcome, no experience required. Please email Mrs.McDonaugh (in Science) if you cannot attend or if you have any questions.
- The Spartan Medical Club is proud to host Dr. Alex Goldin, an ear nose and throat surgeon at our next meeting, Thursday September 28 at 7:00 am in Science Room B101. Come learn about this interesting field of medicine--and he's going to talk about the medical school admissions process too! All are welcome, please join us.
- Do you like animals? Do those ASPCA commercials always bring you to tears? Then come join PAWS, Protection of Animal Welfare by Students! Come to the Student Services Conference Room after school on Monday, September 25th and help us help animals.
- Attention All Spartans: Congratulations to our Spartans of the week. If your name is announced, please visit the SAO sometime today to receive your prize package!
Freshman: Selah Hill
Sophomore: Eva Nadler
Junior: Ryan Purdy
Senior: James Weisbaum
Staff Member: Ms. Haugen