Please click on the link below entitled GBN Fall College Visit Calendar to view available dates and times to schedule a visit to our high school. If you have any questions regarding the scheduling process, please email Jill Stoller, email@example.com
GBN Fall College Visit Calendar
Fall College Visits
During the fall semester, over 150 colleges and universities visit Glenbrook North High School. These college visits provide a great opportunity for you to learn more about a particular college within our own building. It is an opportunity for you to learn about a college that you may not have visited, or to ask questions of the admission representative from a college you have already visited. The visits are either question and answer sessions or more formal presentations. It depends upon the number of students present. Seniors and Juniors are invited to attend.
A comprehensive list of fall college visits is available on Naviance
. Students are encouraged to check this site regularly for additions and updates. Seniors will log in to their personal Naviance account and sign up to receive visit email reminders. Juniors will access Naviance via the password protected Guest entrance (personal registration codes are issued in November of the junior year). To obtain the guest password, contact Dr. Boyle in the College Resource Center. College visits will also be posted on the College Resource Center bulletin board and publicized during the daily morning announcements and in the daily bulletin, Today’s Happenings
Procedures for attending college visits:
- Visits are scheduled during the first half of each block. Allow approximately 45 minutes per visit. Students must return to their scheduled class at the conclusion of the visit.
- It is the student’s responsibility to pre-arrange a class absence with the teacher at least one day prior to the visit. Approval to attend a college visit is at the discretion of the classroom teacher. Student Services cannot excuse you from class.
- At the beginning of the block, please report directly to the room where the college visit is to be held. A GBN parent volunteer and the college representative will meet you.
- It is essential that you are on time and remain until the end of the representative's presentation so as not to miss important college information or disrupt the representative and other students. If it is not possible for you to attend a college visit, you may contact the representative by phone or email (college rep info is available on Naviance).
- Please give the college representative your undivided attention. They may be the individual who will be evaluating your application or speaking on your behalf to an admission committee.
- You must sign the attendance sheet when you arrive to the college visit. The Attendance Office will receive a copy of this sheet to verify your presence.
- At the conclusion of the visit, you will be issued a special pass to verify that you were in attendance. It should be given to your teacher upon your return to class.