Today is an A Day.
• Bowling fact of the day. A bowling lane is 60 feet long, but only three and a half feet wide. Imagine just one yard on a football field and that is about the width of the entire bowling lane. Now throwing a gutter doesn't seem so bad does it? The 2018 boys bowling season starts in a little less than a month. There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested on Wednesday, September 26th right after school in A110, the broadcasting room. If you can't make the meeting, stop by to see Coach Rubin.
• Ready to Relay Spartans? Relay for Life will have our first committee meeting Wednesday, September 26 in the library at 7:15 PM. Help us plan an amazing event to fight back against cancer. See Ms. Vogg in World Languages with questions.
• The informational meeting for this year's Variety Show, "Warrior," is on Monday, September 24th, at 3:00 in the Choir Room. All ages and talents are welcome, including martial arts, impressions, juggling, sports demonstrations, stand-up comedy, slam poetry, and any other special skill. Please attend the meeting to find out about the auditions, rehearsals, and performances. See you Monday!
• Attention Spartan Buddies - Please join us for an informational meeting about Spartan Buddies on Tuesday, September 25th. We will go over our planned activities for the year, learn about being a buddy, and come up with Homecoming paint the town ideas! We will be meeting in science room B109 at 7:10 am. Can't make the morning meeting? No problem, we will have another meeting in the science resource center right after school that same day! If you have questions please see Ms. Schneider or Ms. Scott.
• There is a mandatory girls basketball meeting for those intending to tryout for the team this season. Please meet in room A124 At 7:00 AM on Thursday, September 27th.
• Come to Kids 4 The Cure Wednesday evening, Sept. 26th at 6:45 in the Library. Learn about upcoming events and opportunities to help provide support for families and friends who are fighting cancer.
• Attn Seniors: The following colleges are visiting today:
7:40 a.m. Oakton Community College
9:20 a.m. Loyola University of Chicago
11:00 a.m. University of Illinois at Springfield
1:20 p.m. The University of Arizona
• Come join PAWs in the Green and Gold Conference Room TODAY after school!