Today is an A Day.
• Google Slide Announcements
• Today is the day! It’s the GBN Blood drive. If you forgot to sign up and are 17 or 18 years old, there is still hope! Come on down to the CPA lobby as a drop in. Give blood, show your Thanksgiving gratitude, and get your free gift!
• SENIORS!!! Have you been waiting to be a part of the Senior Number in V-Show?!?! The time has come! If you are interested, please sign up using the google form link listed on the flyers or scan the QR code. You must fill out the form by 3pm, Wednesday, December 11th. Follow the example when completing the form. If you have any questions, see a Senior Pommer, Mrs. Tenuta in Family and Consumer Science or Mr. Remeniuk in Student Services.
• Attention to all students interested in playing Intramural Basketball. It's time to organize your teams. There will be a mandatory open gym in the fieldhouse for your teams to tryout and be placed in a division on Thursday 11/21. Frosh/Soph teams tryout from 6:00 to 7:00 pm and Junior/Senior teams are from 7:00 to 8:00pm. Captains from each team must pick up and fill out a roster and submit to Mr.Ruppert in Student Services before tryouts.
• Hey GBN! Foreign Films Club will be showing a Korean comedy called "The Dude in Me"! Join us this Friday after school in A232 for a fun movie and snacks. See you there!
• The Glenbrook Symphony Orchestra is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year! Our fall concert on Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 3:30 pm at GBS will feature the GSO's greatest hits and favorites from throughout the decades. Pieces include Danzon No. 2 by Marquez, Thunder and Lightning by Strauss, Overture to The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart, and Overture to Candide (Can-Deed) by Leonard Bernstein. The GSO features 165 students from GBN and GBS, and we hope to see everyone at this special event! No tickets required and the concert free of charge!
• GBN's Gender-Sexuality Alliance (GSA) will hold its next meeting on Thursday before school at 7:20 in room A255. All are welcome.
• Comedy Sportz is almost here! This hilarious improv-comedy show will be presented this Thursday through Saturday on the CPA Stage. We are also hosting a charity benefit performance versus GBS on Wednesday to raise money for the Northfield Food Pantry. All shows are at 7pm. Tickets are $8 or free with a GBN activity pass. Comedy Sportz prides itself on being family-friendly, so bring your kids and grandparents, and come out for some laughs! See Mrs. Hill in the drama office if you have any questions.
• Peer Mentors. Don't forget your first lunch meeting is today in F209 during your assigned lunch. See Mrs. Cohen prior to the meeting if you have a conflict.