The Glenbrook North Nurses' Office is available to all students during school hours. Led by a Certified School Nurse, the nursing team provides a significant amount of services to students and families.
These services include:
- Providing vision and hearing screening;
- Offering counseling to students based on personal health needs;
- Coordinating student medication;
- Recommending educational adaptations as necessary for individual needs including special education;
- Recommending entrance into the adaptive physical education program;
- Serving as a liaison between the school, student, parent and physician regarding the student’s health status when under a physician’s care;
- Assisting families in using available community health resources;
- Supervising compliance with physical and immunization regulations with the Illinois School Code and Illinois Department of Public Health; and
- Maintaining up-to-date cumulative health records.
Contacting the Nurses' Office
Families of incoming freshmen have many important health requirement for their student to attend school. We've put together a list of these requirements and important corresponding dates. Please take a moment to peruse the incoming freshmen requirements tab on our website.