Objectives of the GBN Parents’ Association
- To build understanding and support within the parent community for the school and its goals, and to promote parent education;
- To serve as an avenue of communication and foster cooperative relationships among the parents, students, faculty and administration of the school;
- To encourage the participation of parents in school activities;
- To work collaboratively with other parent groups at the school;
- To recognize outstanding achievement by sponsoring the Distinguished Teacher Award, the E. J. Duffy Spartan Spirit Award, and the Paul Pryma Award for Courageous Kindness;
- To work closely with the school’s principal and other administrative personnel to further the school’s mission.
- Your $25 dues will positively impact our GBN Community
- The Staff Benefits – The GBNPA contributes hospitality, meals, sweet treats; awards; thank you gifts, year-end gifts, and retirement gifts for teachers and GBN staff.
- The Students Benefits – We provide annual scholarship awards for students, Grad Night support, GBN Foundation donation, the school newspaper and yearbook.
- The Parent Association Members Benefit – Home mailing of the Torch, the GBN student newspaper.
- The School Benefits – We provide an annual gift to the school that benefits students, staff and parents.
- Volunteer opportunities. Volunteering is completely optional, but many parents like to be involved in the following activities:
- Baking and serving for teacher and staff appreciation events
- Assisting in the selection of the student and staff awards
- Representing GBN parents on committees related to important issues, including school safety, all-school workshop, and curriculum.
- Opportunity to connect to the GBN Community
- You will receive copies of the Torch, the GBN student newspaper, delivered to your home.
- Invitation to attend monthly PA meetings to hear from the District 225 Superintendent, the GBN Principal and other GBN educators